Friday, March 11, 2011

Run TO God

Earlier today my little sister was crying over some school work she was frustrated with. She wanted to give up and throw in the towel. She was flat out done with trying to complete the lesson and wanted nothing more to do with it. My little brother who is almost 5, walked in the room after hearing his sister cry. "Are you okay?" He asked her, his eyes full of concern and worry. "Go away!" She had screamed back at him. My poor little brother had turned around and slowly walked out of the room.

After watching this happen as I got ready to do some school for the day, I realized something. All of us are a lot like my little sister. At times we can get sad, frustrated, and angry at God because we can feel like everything we are going through is all his fault. We blame God for things and problems that he is not causing. And I think this is all because we want someone to blame. If we can't blame our father, mother, or siblings we want to blame someone. And in this case, it can easily be God. And you know what God does when we yell and scream at him? He backs off, and waits. He waits for us to come running to his arms, and he will never leave. He will never turn around and walk out that door, but he will wait for you to decide to come to him. He loves you more then you could ever imagine. If you are in the middle of running away from God, I encourage you to stop and do the opposite. Run TO him. He cares so much about you, and wants to be closer to you, not further away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment