Friday, October 21, 2011

Facing the Unknown

Hey guys! :)


I've just about disappeared off the face of the earth when it comes to blogging. Well I finally decided it would be a good idea to get back into the swing of things, and start blogging again! I recently moved from doing an online public high school to a traditional public school system, so I have been trying to get the hang of things there and not get too bogged down with school work and sports. A friend of mine brought it to my attention that I should start blogging again, and maybe start blogging about my experiences at the high school and my transition from going to an online school to a public school. So in the future weeks, I will be talking about topics related to high school students as well. :) So now that you're all updated as far as my school change goes, I had something on my mind that I felt like I should share with you guys. Enjoy! :)


~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I don't know about you, but I personally don't like much change in my life. Overall, I am perfectly content to stay in the same patterns and habits that I have been doing for years, and never change anything about them. You might be thinking, "Well why? Don't you want to try new things?" The answer to that is yes, of course. But sometimes I can get into the habit of thinking that life would be easier if I didn't try new things. If I just stayed in the same old patterns that I have been keeping up for years and never change a thing. Sure, I'm kinda right. Life would be a lot easier. But God wants us to be a light for others to see, and for me, this meant going back to the public school.

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16(NIV)

Trying new things can be very scary. I think just at anyone you meet can tell you that the unknown can be a little nerve wracking, if not downright frightening. As humans, we try to take control of the situation and make sense of everything ourselves. As soon as we can't make sense of something ourselves, we panic. But when life changes and things start working a little differently then we're normally used to, why do we panic? Doesn't God tell us not to be afraid when trouble arises?

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10(NIV)

When we are placed in scary situations, it is very important to really remember just how big our God is. Why do we freak out when we're moving to a new school, a new city, a new state? Why do we freak out when things don't go as planned? Because even though they are unplanned on our part, they are all apart of God's plan. Keep these things in mind the next time you start to worry about something small and trivial. We have a BIG God. Why do we worry about the little things? God says that he will always take care of us, no matter what happens in our life.

"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?" Matthew 6:26(NIV)


** Another good passage in the Bible to read when you are afraid or worried is Psalms 23. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment