Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Looking Back at NaNo Goals

So remember when I had that post, back in the last few days before July started that contained my goals for NaNo and what I wanted to get out of all of this madness?(If not, check it out here first.) Well now that I have officially crossed the 50,000 word count goal, I decided it would be a good time to look back on my goals for all this madness. Technically I will still be writing throughout the entire month, so I think I'll be checking in at the very end with my final word count. But for now, we have some goals to look at. I had a few things that I wanted to make sure happened during Camp NaNo. I had never expected any of this, so I was new to the entire thing. So next to the goal I'm going to list, I'm going to update you on how that goal went and weather or not I succeeded at that personal goal of mine. (:

Have Fun- Succeeded! This goal most definitely was accomplished this month, and I'm sure it will continue to be fulfilled! The planning stage itself was stressful and difficult, but once I actually sat down and started writing, I had a lot of fun. Writing became something that was fun. So much fun that I would write for hours. It was awesome.

Grow As A Writer- Succeeded !For me, this goal meant that I would just grow. Get better at writing, learn to not be so self critical and such. And to be honest, this one was difficult at times. There were times where I thought that this was just crazy and it was sure not helping me grow as a writer. But this entire month has been a growing experience, and I can't wait to keep writing and see how much more growth I achieve.

Just Write- Succeeded! I wanted to be able to get rid of my inner editor for a month. I might have finished early, but this goal still applies. I want to be able to look back and say, "That might not have been the best rough draft in the world, but all rough drafts need work. I was able to get rid of my inner editor and just write. And that's what I came here to do." Sometimes I think we all need to get rid of our inner editor when writing. Otherwise we can be too self critical. So this one was difficult, and I struggled, but all in all I succeeded! (:

Reach 50,000- Succeeded! This one actually was more of a side goal. I was so hesitant to even put this as a goal, because reaching something this big seemed quite scary, to be honest. But sometimes you have to not worry about your word count and just write. My other goals helped me with this. So even though this one is just a side goal, it is such a huge accomplishment.

So there were my goals for this month of Camp NaNo! I still have 19 days remaining in this month. Anything's possible. (: I'll update you all through the entire month, just not nearly as frequently. Remember to vote on the poll on the right hand side of the blog, you're opinion really does count. Thanks again for your support, you guys are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment