Thursday, November 11, 2010

A love for Brazil

Hello Family and Friends,
A few years ago our church had a few Brazilian missionaries come to visit with us. Although sometimes communicating was hard to do, I quickly fell in love with Brazil. There was something about it that was breathtaking...and I had quickly found a love for it. I spent every moment I could with these missionaries. After they went back home, I quickly started researching Brazil and decided I loved it. It was one of the first things that made me think about becoming a missionary one day, or at least going on a mission trip to Brazil. After quite awhile, life moved on and for the most part I had Brazil out of my head. Then, tonight while I was talking with a friend of mine she brought up this friend of hers she was talking to. He is a citizen of Brazil. After the help of my friend to chat back and forth, I once again thought back to those memories of Brazil, the missionaries and my love for Brazil. It made me think back to when I wanted to learn the language, had a huge love for Brazil and could not wait to go there for a mission trip. I am happy to say that my love for Brazil, has never left..it has just been hidden for awhile. I am glad to have it back. I think the best thing that I could do now..to prepare for a future mission trip would be to try and learn as much Portuguese as possible..and start saving money. :) Brazil, here I come! God Bless!


"34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment